Thursday, January 10, 2013

events // Let's Fly! Bloghop :: Butterfly Dream


Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the long awaited Let's Fly! bloghop. You've most probably started hopping in Paris at Pattern Addict's blog, and have just been delighted with her wonderful and graceful work. Now it is my turn to inspire you and make you dream (hopefully) all the way over from Bogotá. 

So how did my collection started? Well... I was asked to designed the event's logo and to do so, I sketched and thought for while about flying and flying creatures. At the end, I opted for a butterfly to represent our common journey towards the sky (even though I think, not even sky is the limit!). 


Butterflies are usually bright and colourful, and give me a sense of joy and hope whenever I see them. They are also one of those special creatures that overcome a metamorphosis and pass from a weird and immature caterpillar to a beautiful and buoyant flying being. This is how I also see myself as a designer: at the beginning I felt like a lost and confused puerile caterpillar dreaming to become an adult, capable and flying butterfly. Having said that, I believe 2013 is going to be the year I finally come out of the cocoon that has been protecting and comforting me so far, and I'll start flying as high as I can making people's worlds cozier and cheerier. 

It is with pleasure now, that I present you all my Butterfly Dream mini-collection: a dream is how everything started, and slowly it has begun to materialised like a larva in a cocoon. Please enjoy and fantasise with me!

Butterfly Dream Collection designed by 2013 © Maria José Bautista V
Butterfly Garden designed by 2013 © Maria José Bautista V

Butterfly Cocoons designed by 2013 © Maria José Bautista V

Butterfly Wings designed by 2013 © Maria José Bautista V

Before I let you hop to be charmed by the whimsical designs over at our next stop, Believe Creative Studio, I would like to thank its designer Rosie, for coming up with the idea and curating this amazing bloghop. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your stay and my work over at my blog. Please show your love with a comment below, and don't forget to join the followers :)

Hope to see you back soon!  

50 comments:

  1. Good job Majo, In love with your patterns, thanks for the logo! is lovely!!
    Wishing you lots of success for 2013!! I am sure great things will come on your way!
    Rosie Martinez-Dekker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous designs MaJo....love them all... 2013 is gonna be fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! love the last design Majo! beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Majo! I think these are my favorite designs of your to date. You are flying girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love butterfly wings majo. The linework and use of colour is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Majo, you did it again! Lovely work... I know you said you feel as though your in the cocoon stage but I feel you flying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really stunning design group MaJo. well done. you have captured the fragility of butterflies very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous collection MaJo!! Good luck in the coming year with achieving all of your goals. Wishing all the best : ).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love this collection Majo!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your butterfly garden design is stunning Majo! I love it and the other two designs compliment it perfectly. I don't doubt you will go far in 2013 =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the collection inspired by butterflies :) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Majo, I love this sweet colourful butterfly since the beginning and was enchanted by the way it was incorporated into your collection, that is a story of self discover. Love it and the palette too. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Majo - Butterfly wings and Butterfly Garden are my favs. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is definitely going to fly far and wide Majo. It is exquisite in every sense!
    Thanks for incorporating your design in the Let's Fly logo/banner design.
    So transformative and wonderful!
    Muchísimas Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Majo, this is going to be your year...I can feel it! Beautiful designs for the bloghop and gorgeous designs for the architecture moyo challenge...GORGEOUS!! and thank you for the lovely bloghop button...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Found myself trying to find a word in Italy to describe the beauty, but I went blank as I no no Italian, but could have been such a sweet word(s).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful designs MaJo! Love the feeling of pattern and texture from butterfly wings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mesmerizing designs MaJo! I love your second pattern, would make a very nice wrap and wallpaper. Thanks for the lovely logo design too! I'm sure 2013 would be a fantastic one for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. The butterfly garden is FANTASTIC! Best to you in 2013! Karen H

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the main design Majo... great designs! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Butterfly Wings pattern Majo, it's really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite is the one at the bottom, it's so intricate and very much like the patterns of real butterfly wings. Lovely! And thank you so much for our pretty logo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. butterfly dream is so lovely majo and i really really like butterfly wings too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous butterfly Majo and great post x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, loooove your collection Majo! So textural, really beautiful! 2013 will be a wonderful year for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful designs. I love the top one with the butterflies! You're already flying my friend... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really love your butterflies, such a joyful pattern! Thanks again for designing the bloghop logo, it really couldn't have been better. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Majo, your beautiful designs convey the feeling you're describing about this year. I feel the celebration and the emerging into flight and wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really lovely designs MaJo! thanks for the gorgeous logo, hope your year is fabulous!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  30. Majo, love what you've created! The last one is my favourite, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Really love seeing your thought process and the amazing logo you have designed. X

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great designs/collection. Your colorway is amazing. Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very nice collection, thank you for the logo too! Anna

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely designs MaJo, love Butterfly Garden! All the best for 2013

    ReplyDelete
  35. Majo, I love your butterfly logo and it looks fabulous in the pattern too! Great cocoon stripes too. Love your butterfly-metaphor writing, I'm painting butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Majo you have such a fresh, exuberant and distinctive style and yet again you've produced a stunning collection - each co-ordinate is so different and yet they tie together beautifully. Congratulations on all you've achieved and may all your dreams come true in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful linework and color and just such a nice, happy feeling about your work. i always enjoy seeing it. Thanks for all your help with the bloghop! Best in 2013! julie

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your work is truly beautiful. You have a nice "hand" as they say. Really like butterfly garden. The plant motif reminds me of Augustaflora, one of my favorite lavender plants. Love seeing everyone's color combinations, yours are lovely! Have a happy and creative 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Inspirational work Majo! Nice use of colour, fresh and joyful! Best wishes for a successful career in 2013 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. So lovely, MaJo, wonderful collection. Loved the butterfly on the logo already – LOVE the butterfly garden. All the best for you in 2013 – have a great flight!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fabulous collection! Beautiful colours and patterns. I think the bottom is my favourite but hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely delicate designs Majo, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great butterflies Majo, I looove the last one. Wish you a wonderful flight!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love! Love! Love! When I saw the logo for the hop I thought it beautiful and I love your Butterfly Garden and how you incorporated it into the design. Very well done and very you:)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely work MaJo, you are already flying

    ReplyDelete
  46. really love how the whole collection works together. The last piece with all of the wings is fab! Yay for 2013!! Let's fly...

    ReplyDelete
  47. beautiful, thoughtful designs, Maria! My fave is the butterfly garden— the layering really makes it fun... I loved the logo you created and now I see it's history.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment... it is always nice to read them! :D