Wednesday, December 5, 2012

mani sunday // a little history...

Before Sunday arrives, I wanted to update you a bit about what started early this year: my Mani Sunday column was born back when I posted my very first nail-art tutorial on February 16th to share with the world my passion for nails and well-cared-hands.  

some of my first mani tutorials posted on La Pâtisserie des Idées
Then, while in module 3 of The Art & Business of Surface Pattern Design e-course, I invited some of my fellow designers to lend me their nail-art designs for me to paint them on my nails and feature them on La Pâtisserie des Idées (you can now see them all in the UrNails jux gallery). 

1st round of Mani Sunday Fellow Designers' showcase
Once the first round of showcases was finished, I decided to go one step further and start my very own Vimeo channel (UrNails) with nail-art video-tutorials. So far I've created 2, and I plan to continue with them. I really enjoy nail-art and consider it a nice and relaxing creative outlet. For those of you who haven't seen them yet… here are the first two nail-art video-tuts:

floating french mani by 2012 © Maria José Bautista V
cranberry pie mani by 2012 © Maria José Bautista V   

Enjoy them and don't forget to come back next Sunday for number 3 ;)

PS. There's a whole new gallery called UrNails, where I post the pics you send me of your own gorgeous manis (+ my own); a place packed with inspiration and beautiful nails! Don't be shy… share them with me and the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment... it is always nice to read them! :D