Monday, May 6, 2013

#52collections // week 1 :: Holi collection :: inspiration

Today I start the #365patterns design challenge, but I'm going to do it following 'Zesti's twistInstead of creating one random pattern a day, I'll create a 6-pattern collection a week (kind of a #52collections challenge). On Mondays I'll post my inspiration moodboard, and throughout the week I'll do my best to design a beautiful collection that I will then present to you Sunday afternoon.  

images sources 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8
I've never been to India, but I've always been fascinated by the idea of visiting it. I find Indians so beautiful; with their dark and shiny hair, big eyes, their many gods, coloured cows and dancing Bollywood stars. 

During Holi, the festival of colors, thousands of people in India go out dressed in white and throw at each other bright coloured pigments to celebrate 'spring's abundant colors' and salute winter. When I see pictures of this event, my desire to visit India increases I would love to live first hand the joy of the Holi parties. 

I'm working on a brief at the moment, and the colours I was given just reminded me of this event so I thought it would be a good idea to use it as inspiration for the first week of the #52collections challenge. Can wait to see where this colourful journey takes me this week :)